Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Chromebooks and situational stories part 2

My students are loving these interactive situational stories.  Here are  a few more that I have made.LeavesCats  I usually start with the students on the carpet and I display the story on the board with my projector.  We read the story and we note the givens and goals.  Then we turn and talk about how we would solve the story and students share out their ideas.  When everyone is comfortable with the task, I offer two options.  They can go on their chromebooks and complete the task independently or they can stay on the carpet for further hints or teaching points.  Eventually everyone completes the task and turns it in.  As each assignment is turned in, I call students up  to conference about their work.  For early finishers...  I have created a google document with all the links needed for the topic we are covering.  This week it is measuring and they can click on each link for reinforcement.  Here is the document:measuring sites.  When everyone is done, we come to the carpet and I pull up a few students to share their document with the class and explain their thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment